Field Sales Manager - Gurnee, Illinois
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Role and Responsibilities
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales and maximizing retail success. With minimal management oversight, this role will build brand awareness and advocacy with both retail sales personnel and consumers. Through training and consumer facing activities, the Field Sales Manager will be accountable for driving product awareness, sales, and improving the consumer journey within the assigned territory.
Responsible for driving sell-out of Samsung products across multiple channels within an assigned territory. Implements and executes sales strategies designed to maximizes Samsung market share in order to meet or exceed revenue objectives for the brand. Develop and deliver customer specific sales tactics, training and brand advocacy programs by creating and maintaining partnerships with retail sales personnel and store leadership. Through one-to-one and group training, utilizes full discretion to create programs intended to ensure all sales personnel are highly knowledgeable on the unique selling points of Samsung devices and are actively recommending Samsung devices to consumers. Field Sales Managers are responsible for meeting or exceeding sales revenue and unit goals, as well as rep knowledge, rep recommendation rates and training engagements as measured by in-store mystery shops and the Market Communication System.
- 2-5 years in territory sales with strong preference for experience working with National Retailers and/or National Carrier Operators preferred: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience using sales data and insights to recommend and drive localized and customized sales programs in differing channels
- Strong background in operational excellence and merchandising execution
- Self-starter and willingness to take initiative and drive localized revenue growth programs in targeted channels while adhering to Samsung Brand expectations
- Strong experience managing competing priorities and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
Skills and Qualifications
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.