Business Planning Manager - Plano, TX, USA
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Responsible for developing, negotiating, coordinating, and communicating business plans. Develop product business plans, coordinate product manufacturing and modifications to ensure timely development and delivery of products. Manage Sell-In/Out report, Purchase Sales Inventory (PSI) to ensure product development and availability to achieve business plans. A primary point of contact for all outlook forecast, financials, and SCM related issues for all NC product category.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Business Planning Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, negotiating, coordinating, and communicating business plans between Samsung Electronics America (SEA) counterparts. You will assist the leads for retail, carrier, and B2B channels in planning yearly sales targets
- Responsible for monthly sales forecast by product and account and reporting
- Requires to be able to present business insights in front of senior leadership in SEA
- Thorough data analytics, identifying success of promotions and sales programs, and suggesting recalibration to improve outcomes
- Responsible for creating and executing quarterly business plans specific for the account or for specific Samsung products. Sales forecasting, demand planning, and SCM fluency required
- Managing / Analyzing weekly sell in & sell out to identify sales target status, ensuring fulfillment of delivery to achieve sales plans, product development, and new launches
- Providing sales with daily / weekly sell out forecast updates of product. Reviewing and identifying variances in weekly sell out deliveries, as compared to outstanding inventories and WOS (week of supplies)
- Providing Daily sales status by accounts during holiday periods such as Black Fridays.
- Consolidating and publishing the weekly financial outlook, translating PSI and unit sales into financial figures to analyze the state of the business
- Functioning as the focal point to improve communications between headquarters and corresponding SEA team members. May communicate daily between headquarters and SEA organization on production allocation, delivery requirements, and inventory management
- Supporting in preparing profit & loss, sales deduction, marketing expenditure, and other related financial reports to identify performance and achievement of NC business goals
- Managing special pricing conditions to support sales and promotion objectives
- Solving moderately complex technical problems and responds to non-standard requests from internal and external customers
- Making decisions within guidelines and policies
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of directly related experience is required
- Prior experience in the wireless telecommunications or consumer electronics industry in a position managing one or more of supply chain, operations, finance, or business planning
- Experience in financial profit & loss statement and basic knowledge of accounting
- Experience developing presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of SAP
- Strong Excel / Data Analytics skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data modeling or analysis tools e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, SPSS or similar
- Experience developing KPI and executive dashboards
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- A results oriented, self-starter who can run with projects while keeping key stakeholders updated on progress, opportunities and issues
- Collaborative, flexible mindset to develop and implement new initiatives, while continuing to drive awareness and participation in existing programs
- Quick learner with an ability to manage multiple projects, focus on priorities, and think on his/her feet in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Create strong relationships with colleagues across the company
- Strong sense of urgency and a passion for flawless execution
- Extremely comfortable with quickly learning new systems and processes
- Independent and can take full charge of responsibilities, but not afraid to ask for guidance when needed
- Strong time and project management skills – able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with concurrent and competing deadlines
- Willing to able to travel nationally. Travel about 10% of time.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.