People Analytics Manager, Global Talent Selection - Washington, DC
We’re looking for an experienced Manager of People Analytics to join our people analytics function. Our team uncovers data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Meta’s most important asset – our people.
As part of the Global Talent Selection team, you will serve as a strategic partner with Recruiting, HR, Business, and Product leadership to deliver selection solutions — including the design, development, and implementation of talent acquisition and hiring programs. You’ll help shape the strategy around assessment design and validation, program evaluation, and candidate experience as well as help develop and refine people processes and technology to make an exceptional workplace even better.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and can effectively lead a team of I-O psychologists from both a technical and people leadership perspective. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing and developing a high performing team, developing strengths of individual contributors, partnering across teams, deep knowledge of selection concepts and related I-O areas, and a good understanding of processes related to hiring programs.
People Analytics Manager, Global Talent Selection Responsibilities
- Lead a team of I-O psychologists and people research scientists ensuring the team is productive, engaged, and thriving in their career
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other team members
- Partner with Recruiting, HR, and Meta leadership and team members to identify opportunities for selection research and best practices to drive scalable, strategic assessment decisions, programs and process developments
- Execute, guide, and/or support selection assessment and selection technology-oriented research
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and clarify critical people, process and programmatic selection system issues and develop solutions to resolve
- Bring together Meta-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand people and selection issues
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences, to include varying levels of leadership
- Provide technical expertise to team members to guide assessment development and programmatic implementation design and statistical analyses
- Collaborate effectively with the Compliance and Employment Law team on a variety of sensitive projects
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Develop knowledge of recruiting and hiring processes and strategies at Meta
- PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- 5+ years of internal or external consulting experience in assessment development, human resources, program evaluation, or a related field
- Experience managing a team of I-O consultants or researchers
- Psychometric assessment development experience
- Experience with validating and implementing assessments (e.g., compensatory modeling, criterion-related validity study)
- Proficiency leveraging software tools such as SQL and Python to manage structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as SPSS, R, or similar tools and experience troubleshooting others' analyses and code
- Experience communicating research findings and selection best practices to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Openness to feedback and self awareness skills
- Coaching and people development skills
- 3+ years experience working internally within a medium to large organization with professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech)
- Experience developing and leading the development and implementation of advanced psychometric assessments (e.g., structured interviews, simulations)
- Experience developing and leading the development and implementation of scalable assessment programs (e.g., situational judgment tests, structured interviewing)
- Experience applying statistical methods (e.g., linear regression, ANOVA) and quasi-experimental research or causal inference techniques
- Experience leading and managing team members who are not co-located
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $192,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.