Sr. Business Planning Analyst
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
The Sr. Business Planning Analyst provides operational and analytical support to the T-Mobile Account Team. This includes various types of projects and data management for both Business Planning and financial activities (supply chain, demand planning, revenue projection, etc.). Additional responsibilities include interacting with customers and preparing reports on SCM data analysis and KPI for senior management and headquarters.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage a new process for box collateral purchasing and supply management to meet the customer need by working with factories, local packaging, logistics and fulfillment teams.
- Support Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR) supply chain process by providing internal reports and analysis during weekly planning meetings.
- Manage system-based tools that provide real-time information regarding sales, order forecast, and channel inventory; extract data to conduct channel inventory analysis and reconciliation.
- Coordinate with internal teams on the weekly production confirmation, EOH/Aging clearance plan and product arrival schedules. Reviewing and identifying variances compared to outstanding sales orders and forecasts to plan for future product availability and inventory.
- Monitor team performance on weekly/quarterly KPIs to identify exception cases and analyze those metrics for potential process improvements to drive operational efficiency.
- May communicate daily between headquarters and internal cross-functional teams and handle escalation on production allocation, delivery requirements, and inventory management.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from internal and external customers in a time sensitive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree Required; Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in General Business, Sales Operations management, supply chain, finance or related field
- Experience in the telecommunications and/or wireless industry requiring management of finance, logistics, distribution, program management, and/or business planning, or equivalent work experience in planning, finance, or operations.
- Experience should include researching and resolving customer product development, launch, delivery, and logistics issues; driving process improvement to streamline business cadence.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company. Ability to work independently with minimal oversight while exercising excellent judgement Must have advanced MS Excel knowledge and skills (including use of pivot tables and advanced formulas); experience in developing KPI and executive dashboards preferred. Experience using advanced supply chain management, enterprise planning or financial planning systems is highly desired (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.