Sr Finance Analyst-Plano, TX, USA
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the financial operations and processes for Samsung Electronic America’s business units. You will undertake in-depth quantitative analysis, build & maintain various intelligence databases/models, and produce comprehensive dashboards/reports regarding key developments in Mobile Accessary and Smartwatch industries. You will participate in process/performance evaluation, ad hoc analysis/reporting, and various duties as requested. In this role, you are an individual contributor that works under limited supervision and considered a seasoned and experienced professional with adequate understanding of own job area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute financial budgeting and planning for trade spending, perform monthly SD/MDF forecasting, and provide strategic guidance and recommendations to channel and account managers
- Function as an individual contributor to assigned accounts to process programs and payments, and evaluate profitability and effectiveness of the programs
- Work with large volume of trade spend and sales data, and extract and transform large datasets with proper tools (Access, SQL, VBA, etc.)
- Integrate data from multiple resources, and build and maintain knowledgeable intelligence databases for subsequent deep-dive analysis
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis to track and evaluate trade spending trends and effectiveness for assigned channels, accounts and product categories
- Build and manage key metrics and performance indicator for various promo programs to drive sales and operations related strategic decision support
- Create and automate reporting processes by developing comprehensive dashboards with self-service tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) to measure and present impact and performance of various programs and accounts
- Deliver insightful periodic reports, and communicate complex concepts and key insights in a clear and effective way to ME leadership
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders (product, marketing, sales, etc.) to provide data-driven insights and formulate initiative specific solutions to improve trade spending efficiency and account performance
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure effective execution of promotional programs including timely delivery of marketing samples to drive sales and increase brand/product awareness
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in the fields of business, finance, analytics, or equivalent quantitative discipline
- 5 years' experience in financial analysis or business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong database management skills with meticulous attention to details
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation
- Advanced excel skills - VBA programming is a plus
- Highly knowledgeable in finance processes, and demonstrated experience with ERP financial systems.
- Demonstrated research and problem solving ability, and excellent decision making and leadership skills
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels with the customer and within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects. Read and interpret detailed and complex customer requirements.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels, especially in the sales and marketing, logistical, or financial areas of clients, prospects, and SEA.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management skills and follow up to ensure meeting on time deliverables.
- The ability to accept tasks and problems/situations that differ and require creativity to search for solutions among learned consequences.
- Only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance of successful experiences of others.
- Interact with all levels within the organization and has frequent external contacts.
- The position will require a blend of analytical skills, strategic thinking, and organizational influence.
- Key success factors in this role include strong project management skills, attention to detail, statistics/finance acumen, enthusiasm, a self-starter attitude, practicality, agility, collaboration and communication.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.