Front-End Engineer I, Talent Product Team - New York, NY, USA
World Wide Consumer Talent Product Team (TPT) is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build truly innovative internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible.
It's Day 1 in TPT, and we're a team that powers the career development of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. We are determined to disrupt HR space by bringing in end to end automation of business process flow. The TPT technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape the next generation WW Consumer Talent product at Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
As an FEE I in the org, you will be responsible for contributing towards the team’s product roadmap, and the vision for landing key data analytics that power Amazon’s hiring decisions into the hands of our customers. You will be responsible for building engaging customer workflows that will allow customers to seek insights within 3 clicks, 80% of the time. You will work on VP level initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the org. In this process you will solve some of the most challenging problems such as integrating with external services and building workflows from the ground up. You will frequently be working backwards from the customer to help the team build services and products that allows our customers to make informed decisions. This is an opportunity to Think Big and create an engaging experience on a new platform that our customers will love. You will have flexibility to drive changes to our front-end architecture, framework and be able to work with UX design in bringing in new features. Since we own the entire product ecosystem you will have the opportunity to expand your skills into end-end development. The candidate will also possess strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams, working together with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and other Software Engineers.
A day in the life
As an FEE I in the org, you will be responsible for contributing towards the team’s product roadmap, and the vision for landing key data analytics that power Amazon’s hiring decisions into the hands of our customers. You will be responsible for building engaging customer workflows based on customer feedback and product designs. You will partner with product and engineering teams to balance form and function.
About the team
The mission of the Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world’s best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 1+ years of professional front end development.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, React and Node.
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile/TDD/BDD.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 1+ years of professional front end development.
- Experience in React Native framework and associated libraries.
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development.
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Experience with AWS services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History