People Research Scientist, Program Evaluation - San Francisco
The People Analytics and Workforce Strategy (PAWS) team provides research-driven insights and recommendations to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Meta’s most important asset – our people. We’re looking for an experienced People Research Scientist, Program Evaluation to join our PAWS team. You will serve as a strategic and consultative partner with HR leadership and stakeholders, to determine whether our people programs, interventions and solutions, are meeting business needs and having impact across multiple workstreams. This role will involve designing and implementing strategies to measure aggregate program effectiveness and providing a systematic view of interventions and solutions related to recruiting, diversity, talent management, development and retention. You will also help develop and refine people processes and technology to make an exceptional workplace even better.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, and can effectively lead program evaluation research, particularly from a technical perspective. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, including predictive analysis. The candidate will also have knowledge of – and research design experience related to – program evaluation concepts, as well as experience with strategic and tactical execution of a team roadmap, partnering across teams, and a good understanding of processes related to the inter-relationships of HR programs and ecosystems.
People Research Scientist, Program Evaluation Responsibilities
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, and program evaluation to help Meta recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- In partnership with HR and business leadership, identify opportunities for research and evaluate program results against success metrics, to drive or re-engineer strategic decisions and program/process changes or improvements
- Direct interaction and stakeholder management with program owners, HR and business leaders to navigate program measurement considerations, and influence future program design and strategies
- Help identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people programs, processes, and strategies at Meta in order to drive improvements
- Lead research planning and execution across projects in an efficient and scalable manner (e.g., road mapping, code sharing, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.)
- Leverage technical expertise to guide research design and perform statistical analyses
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications for employees and Meta as a whole, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- PhD with 3+ years of experience, or MS with 6+ years of experience in a field people or decision research (e.g., organizational behavior, economics, sociology, or other degree related to program evaluation)
- Experience applying statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, quasi-experimental research/causal inference techniques (e.g., propensity score matching, regression discontinuity), longitudinal analysis, or multilevel modeling
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as SQL, R, or Python and experience troubleshooting others' analyses and code
- Experience communicating research findings to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Openness to feedback, and self-aware
- Experience coaching and developing people and teams
- 2+ years of experience evaluating people programs within a medium-to-large organization
- Experience conducting quantitative research in two or more of the following areas: recruiting/hiring, choice/decision science, performance management, diversity, retention or program/training evaluation
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.