Associate Partner, Human Resources
At Amazon, we are committed to being Earth’s Safest Place to Work, Best Employer and Most Customer-Centric Company. Our Human Resources teams care deeply about the employee experience and support associates and managers to focus on people through engagement, technology and innovation. The Associate Partner (AP) role in our People Experience and Technology (PXT) team can provide you with the fundamentals of HR at Amazon and help you become well-versed in the processes and policies that help us deliver on our promises to our associates and customers.
The Amazon PXT team is seeking an Associate Partner who is obsessed with delivering an exemplary associate experience with every interaction. Successful candidates will be approachable, action-oriented, flexible problem solvers with great verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail. Associate Partners provide friendly and welcoming HR support to our associates regarding a broad range of benefits, policy and payroll topics while maintaining an appropriate level of confidentiality. This is a great time to join a growing team with ample opportunity to expand your professional skills while making a positive impact for our associates each day.
Key job responsibilities
- Respond accurately and professionally to questions and concerns from associates through multiple channels (in-person, email, phone, etc.) in a timely manner
- Escalate and take partners when discrepancies or issues arise with associate interactions such as Leave of Absence, accommodations, or other employee relations issues
- Enter and review associate data within HRIS and payroll systems timely and accurately
- Provide subject matter expertise to associates and leadership on people practices, systems, and resources
- Compile, assess and use and data regarding critical business metrics such as: attendance, attrition, engagement, labor fill, etc.
- Advocate for the employee experience by partnering effectively with leaders, partners, and core teams to provide world-class service to Amazon associates, including educating them on how and when to use self-service tools
- Draft and distribute communications to associates and leaders
- Plan, coordinate and implement associate activities that create an inclusive environment
- Assist managers in responding to associate questions regarding time/attendance, benefits, policies, accommodations, LOA
Amazon Operations is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends, evenings and rotating schedules based on business needs is needed for this role.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- A high school degree or equivalent
- Experience in confidential environments
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- 1+ years of exposure to Human Resources functions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and associate issues
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel including the ability to use the following functions: pivot tables, vlookups and formulas
- Human Resources or Customer Service training and experience including outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to display patience and helpfulness at all times
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History