People Strategic Execution Partner - Operations - San Francisco, CA
Meta’s human resources function, People@, seeks a People Strategic Execution Partner to serve as an individual contributor in a team of strategists and transformation leaders to drive our most complex and cross-functional initiatives. People@ serves Meta to create a place where everyone can do the best work of their careers. The strategic execution team supports that mission by orchestrating and coordinating execution of HR strategic priorities and complex emergent projects.
This position will be responsible for steering a Project Management Office (PMO) to monitor and track projects across People Operations and Meta to tackle challenging, high velocity work. Our team operates in a diverse set of roles as project leaders, change architects, advisors, and connectors. This team uses deep HR domain fluency, agility, and excellent management skills to advise leaders, guide projects, and ensure readiness for change. The position requires skills and experience in issue-based problem solving, HR leading practices, and influence at all levels within HR and across the business. Additionally, someone in this role must operate effectively in ambiguous, dynamic situations and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and lead the way this team operates, provide coaching and development to individuals and use excellent judgment to prioritize resources and work.
People Strategic Execution Partner - Operations Responsibilities
- Support a portfolio of initiatives on behalf of stakeholders in People Operations. Partner with program and project managers to drive key PMO activities that include project planning and strategy, reporting, budgeting, execution, and risk/issue escalation
- Evolve the PMO framework and methodology to potentially include new templates, tools and processes
- Manage the pipeline of requests and resources and engage with project stakeholders and business leaders to prioritize/sequence work and align resources
- Partner with globally distributed and cross-functional teams to scope and drive project outcomes in a collaborative approach
- Understand, manage and have oversight on the number of projects and initiatives for the team. Prioritize new requests, support initial scoping, and allocate resources based on a deep understanding of the People@ portfolio
- Support exploration and identification of risks and new opportunities as part of engaging with leaders across the People@ organization
- Understand and provide coaching on strategy to execution of complex projects, including how to build innovation pipelines, roadmap structures, work plan development, execution, and benefit realization of complex initiatives with multiple projects and work streams
- Understand, develop and provide coaching on strategic narratives across the portfolio, and leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders and advise and consult on active projects, including leveraging issue-based problem-solving techniques to rapidly identify problem-statements, structure key activities, and facilitate decision-making, where required
- Possess or develop subject matter fluency across all areas of HR and people practices to advise People@ leaders
- Lead planned or emergent cross-functional projects and programs by escalating risks, tracking decisions and actions, taking notes and sending follow-ups, empowering decision makers, identifying interdependencies, building project plans and managing stakeholders
- Lead or support change management activities associated with complex HR programs while also identifying when a dedicated change management expert may be required
- Maintain awareness of core company-wide and People@ initiatives to ensure information flows and insights help inform and shape People@ programs
- Communicate and influence a broad set of stakeholders from People@ and across Meta’s business
- Potential for longer-term growth to a people management role responsible for a team of individual contributors (performance management, career development, oversight of key deliverables, point of escalation)
- 6+ years of experience in HR project or program management, portfolio management, strategy consulting, business transformation, and/or organization design and development
- Experience leading agile teams and projects in complex, cross-functional environments
- Experience as an agile leader and collaborator in highly dynamic environments and high-growth businesses
- Executive presence and influencing skills demonstrated by an experience building robust and lasting relationships with senior human resources and business leaders
- Expert use of issue-based problem solving, root cause analysis, and other similar techniques
- Experience with communication and facilitation
- Experience designing and leading complex human resources initiatives
- Experience with change management design and execution
- Experience with being flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge in topics like human resource strategy, portfolio management, PMO, service delivery, and people practice development
- Experience designing and/or driving a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Experience managing a team of 4-5 direct reports
- Experience in People Operations
- Experience in high-growth companies
- Experience in organizational transformation, human resources consulting, and/or people practice development
- Experience with subject matter fluency across all areas of HR and people practices to advise People@ leaders
- Support project team members who are responsible for execution of new and prioritized initiatives across the People@ organization
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $139,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.