Manager, People Analytics - Skills Ecosystem - New York
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to build and lead a team to develop sound research and analytics. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing a high performing team, developing strengths of individual contributors, strategic and tactical execution of a team roadmap, predictive analysis and research knowledge of large data sets, and deep knowledge of ML/AI concepts and application within an organizational context. We are looking for someone who is able to influence both within the People Analytics team and across our cross functional partners. The desired candidate will have experience creating and finding solutions where there is no predefined way of doing things. This person will use analytical and strategic thinking to solve problems and be able to influence product and business partners.
Manager, People Analytics - Skills Ecosystem Responsibilities
- Lead the AI Skills Ecosystem Team to design, build, evaluate, deploy and iterate on prototype machine learning models/systems, striving for highest quality in code, algorithm, and solution.
- Develop the AI Skills Ecosystem team of individual contributors.
- Drive data science excellence by establishing data science best practices and applying latest proven technologies and frameworks.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other researchers, scientists, engineers, product managers, and program managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Meta’s current and future employees.
- Form strong partnerships across internal products teams to scale & transition prototypes to internal product team owners.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams to define problem statements, collect data, build models and make recommendations.
- Create, execute and track a roadmap of data science needs and deliverables for the skills & career expectations ecosystem.
- Ability to communicate and work through complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Leverage data and business principles to identify and solve complex business problems utilizing data science for the wider People@ organization.
- Synthesize and apply relevant insights from the academic literature to Meta’s internal products.
- Develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswerable and new questions.
- Oversee development of machine learning and/or people programs research models by the People Research Scientists in the team and their subsequent integration into production.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science).
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics/Data Science/Data Engineering or Quantitative fields.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Track record of delivering analytics products and insights, and influencing business and engineering decisions.
- Track record of successfully leading people & initiatives in a cross functional environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience - such as influencing partners, organizations, successful mentoring, supporting growth of other employees and teams etc.
- Proven experience mentoring individual contributors.
- Experience distilling and communicating data to all organizational levels.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (e.g., Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing).
- Understanding of advanced statistics and experimental design.
- Experience in Python, R, & SQL to drive analytics.
- MS or PhD degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Management Science).
- Hands-on experience with datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation).
- Experience conducting quantitative people research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical knowledge of skill & talent taxonomies.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and hands-on people management in a matrixed organization.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $192,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.