People Research Scientist, People Analytics - Washington, DC
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
We’re looking for an experienced people research scientist or data scientist practitioner to join our people analytics function. Our team uncovers data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Facebook’s most important asset – our people. This role will serve as an active partner with HR and functional leaders to perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: to optimize employee performance, growth, engagement, diversity, management and leadership development, learning, compensation (e.g., pay equity), and retention. You’ll also help develop and refine people processes to make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
People Research Scientist, People Analytics Responsibilities
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, data science and data visualization to help Facebook recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Partner with the HR, recruiting and diversity teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to drive improvements
- Bring together Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand people issues
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate effectively with the Employment Law team on a variety of sensitive projects
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other team members
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- PhD with 3+ years of experience, or MS with 5+ years of experience in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Labor Economics, Management, Policy Analysis, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative people research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R or Python.
- Experienced in survey design & analysis.
- Experience communicating technical results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning, text mining/natural language processing (NLP) or modeling high-dimensional data
- 3+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
- 5+ years of experience working internally (as opposed to consulting) in an organization with 500+ professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.)
- Experience developing tools, conducting empirical research, practical implementation, knowledge of best practices in at least two of the following areas: employee engagement, performance management, diversity, management development, leadership development, learning and development, compensation (e.g., pay equity), or retention
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $162,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.