Technical Program Manager, Data Center Colocation Operations
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with financial analysis and cost of ownership analytics.
- Experience with mission critical operations in data center, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, power, nuclear, or other industries.
- Experience providing risk assessment, risk management, and quality assurance for technical projects.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, Reliability Engineering.
- Experience communicating effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Experience in reliability centered maintenance and engineering.
- Ability to forecast resource requirements in a data-driven way.
- Final offer is conditional to obtaining security clearance from the Government of Canada for Protected B work sites.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Data Center Operations Technical Program Manager, you will be deeply involved in nearly every aspect of Colocation operations of our electrical, cooling, and IT infrastructure. You will partner with the Google data center engineering team, hardware operations, network infrastructure and third-party data center vendors and operators with a focus on Operability, Maintainability, and Reliability. In this role, you will advocate for the operations organization and will be responsible to ensure Operability, Maintainability, and Reliability are critical criteria for Google assets.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support site selection process through operational and technical knowledge.
- Perform operational assessment and risk analysis of third-party Colocation sites.
- Own Colocation sites facility operation within an area/region, with full accountability for this area tactically and strategically.
- Keep main stakeholders informed about current work and discuss strategic decisions and directions with them.
- Oversee technical and team leads through the successful completion of required maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair tasks to maintain equipment to our global standard.
Your application has been successfully submitted.