Product Manager, Information Security
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the Org
The Information Security Organization's mission is to enable Airbnb to achieve its vision of becoming a 21st Century Company by protecting the information our stakeholders have entrusted with us by preventing, detecting, and responding to security and compliance risks.
About the Team
The Information Security team identifies and manages risks that threaten our data security and privacy. Our scope includes corporate infrastructure, production infrastructure, and the products we build at Airbnb. Our goal is to reduce the risk of a data breach and ensure Airbnb is in compliance with compliance laws including PCI, SOX, GDPR.
About the Role
As the Product Manager of the Information Security team, you will be leading the charter, vision and roadmaps of internal security tools that covers areas like identification and classification of data elements; identity and access management; encryption; and information security and privacy compliance management. Information security is a very broad field, and you will have the opportunity to deliver impact on cross-functional company-wide initiatives.
- Establish vision for product team. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on the team’s mission. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements. You will give our customers and partners a fantastic experience by aligning expectations, drive alignment, defining priorities, and understanding their world.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team.
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Information Security.
- Experience with AWS products.
The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits
Your application has been successfully submitted.