Manager, Business Planning & Operations
At Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Hybrid Working Environment
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
Responsible for strategic planning and analysis for the broader HE team and primary support for direction of Department head. Activities, projects and reporting will include internal interaction with all levels and departments of the local organization and frequent Samsung Electronics Canada HQ (SEC HQ) and North American HQ (NA HQ) correspondence. This role will monitor the financial health of the HE division and lead communications within the HE team. This role will monitor, analyze and provide reports and recommendations for HE Business Planning and Operations. The individual will monitor and analyze the consolidated financial health of the division and provide updates on a regular basis. Executing tasks, requiring the balance of both speed and accuracy in vital in this role as numerous requests require very short turnaround time.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Strategic Planning, Analysis and Communication of HE Division’s strategy and financial position.
- Responsible for P&L management of HE (TV/ Audio / B2C Monitor) including current month/3CMF forecasting and profit simulation, annual Management Plan (ensuring alignment with the (VP/BM/PM/SCM)
- Monitor, manage and report KPI’s by creating a divisional dashboard on revenue, local/consolidated profit, CGS, Aging, WOS and other as deemed important by executive leadership.
- Preparation of Presentations for meetings with Executive leadership, GBM, NAHQ and other VIP.
- Oversee report creation for SECA senior management, NA and HQ in Korea for all HE products.
- Manage and identify trends with HE financial data (i.e. sales mix, accounts P&L, overhead costs)
- Lead in HQ communications and Management planning through ad-hoc and quarterly meetings.
- Provide all data to Business Manager to create report for SECA HE Leadership, NAHQ and HQ in Korea.
- External communication to Global Business Manager (GBM). Responsible for all GBM reporting.
- Internal communication to sales and marketing management and other corporate functions and divisions.
- Provide Reporting package including HE dashboard, Sales Trend File (updated whenever there is a change in financial forecast, or actual results), CP by customer and CP by product, Market Share YTD Segment.
- Primary support of department head, Sr. Manager of Business Planning and operations.
- Provide back-up coverage to other member of Business Planning team as required.
- Translating documents and requests from Korean into English.
- Typically requires minimum 5 years' of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years experience and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual in English and Korean would be an asset
- Experienced professional with full understanding on specialized areas; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analyzing data requires evaluating identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.