Manager, Host Success
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb Hosting
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets and we are very intentional on how we nurture the common identity of being an Airbnb Host.
About the role
The Airbnb Geos team is looking for a Manager, Host Success to lead our Community Engagement pillar in North America. This role reports into the Director of Community Powered Growth.
In this role, you will build the regional strategy to design an engagement program that supports host success and business growth metrics. You will oversee a team of community managers and 500+ host clubs in North America. You will be responsible for ensuring a thriving, active, and impactful community strategy.
You will do this by analyzing market and business trends, gaps, and opportunities to design levers, topics, and engagement campaigns. You will have revenue and business performance goals in addition to sentiment and policy outcomes. You will take a measured approach to assessing impact and success for new initiatives.
You are a strategic partner in shaping a global community that is loved, engaged, and successful. We want to design programs that foster belonging and support all of Airbnb’s stakeholders.
Strategy and Insights:
- Strong analytical skills needed to assess business needs and establish a framework to design and measure community powered solutions.
- Experience managing commercial outcomes in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about mental and behavioral health.
- Motivated by commercial goals. Consistently overachieving quota and a great storyteller.
- You will be managing a team of Community Engagement Managers in the North America.
- You will be responsible for thousands of active hosts and community leaders across the US.
- You will create a culture of entrepreneurship, growth, and belonging across your team.
- You are the lead for North America's active community who will look to you for inspiration, support, and encouragement to reach their goals.
- You lead through your ability to hire, motivate, inspire and get leverage from a team.
Outcomes and Impact:
- You will be responsible for growth and engagement metrics, including community growth, retention, and success.
- You will own initiative performance and optimizing programs to improve outcomes.
- You have an operating system to manage your team’s performance, including dashboards, KPIs, and OKRs that allow you to know where there is success and where there is opportunity.
- Serve as cross functional lead for all community engagement initiatives and deployment in North America.
- Partner with central programs to develop product roadmap, establish host needs feedback and solution design.
- 8+ years experience in sales and people management (with an emphasis on Sales Team Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business, Marketing, etc.)
- You are strategic in your thinking with a proven ability to own growth OKRs and exceed goals
- Can forecast, model, and optimize growth tactics based on known and unknown performance
- You have inside and outside sales experience across tech and consumer goods
- You have experience with community programs
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for our community and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset; Basic SQL required
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with SQL, Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce CRM, and other technology solutions for driving sales
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.