Sr. Marketing UX Designer, Amplify (Remote - Canada or US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Amplify is a marketing team focused on the creation of compelling experiences that build awareness of Shopify and communicate stories about Shopify’s role in commerce to a global audience. We are looking for an user-focused designer who is excited to evolve and define how we represent Shopify to the world.
This role is multi-disciplinary by nature. Equal parts leader and contributor, you’ll rely on your collaborative and human-centered design skills to create concepts for teams to rally around, and then activate your deep technical skill in UX/UI design to bring them to life. You have advanced UI design skills, a deep understanding of user experience and the ability to design across channels. You are capable of developing the overall design and functionality specifications for enhanced experiences. You are eager to strategize and collaborate to bring the most compelling marketing experiences to life.
You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to take people on a complete journey. As a Sr. Marketing UX Designer, you’ll help people discover Shopify, understand our company and realize their entrepreneurial potential. You’ll have a chance to own an ever-changing problem space and thrive on change as you design immersive interactive experiences for a variety of channels and audiences.
- Work on marketing projects from ideation to execution while leading various UX initiatives including design sprints, content mapping, sketching, wireframing and stakeholder reviews.
- Evolve the user experience of our marketing programs & activations through user interface design, branding and art direction
- Champion projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high level of quality from start to finish
- Help the entire team grow and become more effective by pairing and collaborating with other Marketing UXers, sharing insights, inspiration, new tools, and best practices
- Propose, and constantly lookout for new concepts and ideas
- Be a constant learner, experiment, use tools like data, and audience segmentation to continually improve your creative approach
- Actively stay on top of marketing trends, goals and performance indicators
- Provide craft leadership via mentoring and participating in craft and discipline rituals
- You’ve participated in the full project process from ideation to execution and optimization and have a passion for collaborating within a multidisciplinary team
- You have a soft spot for the end-user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do. This user empathy helps create and enhance marketing experiences that keep audiences engaged
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Figma, etc) to design storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, UI graphics/animations and layouts, as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience utilizing market and consumer user experience research trends and patterns to inform design concepts and architecture
- Exceptional communication skills, in both written, face-to-face, and remote environments with the ability to communicate thinking and rationale behind decisions
- Extraordinary UI design abilities that can be demonstrated through current projects
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.
Closing date: Wednesday, October 28th at 4 PM EST. Please make sure to get your application in before this date.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making commerce better for everyone - remotely 💚