Senior Visual Designer, Shipping Services (Remote - Canada or US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join the team that’s evolving and defining how we represent Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll be an advocate for people considering our products, helping them discover our features and resources to realize their entrepreneurial potential. You’ll work on a variety of projects, collaborating with all of our product UX teams. You’ll have a chance to own an ever-changing problem space and thrive on change as you help merchants all over the world find success.
The wider UX team at Shopify is hands-on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 450 product designers, content designers, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
- Evolve the user experience of Shopify marketing properties
- Champion and expand Shopify’s brand standards and guidelines
- Optimize the effectiveness of our marketing properties & activations
- Champion projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high level of quality from start to finish
- Share subject matter expertise with the team and effectively pair and collaborate with other UXers, sharing insights, new tools, and best practices
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and championing all facets of Marketing UX (content strategy, design, art direction, and interaction design)
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Figma, etc), as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects—you’re proactive and great at self assigning tasks.
- You have a soft spot for the end-user—advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do. This user empathy helps you prioritize experience, trust-building and long term success over short term gains.
- An interest in building scalable design systems that can respond to the needs of a global audience
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to work collaboratively with various cross-functional stakeholders
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.
Closing date: November 5th at 4 PM EST. Please make sure to get your application in before this date.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making commerce better for everyone - remotely 💚