Learning Content Translation and Localization Specialist
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Position Summary/Core Responsibilities
Under the supervision of a Learning Content Development Lead, the Learning Content Translation and Localization Specialist collaborates with other Learning Content Developers, Learning Content Designers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to support our Global CS and Trust Training Team and other internal teams seeking learning content translation and localization expertise and support.
Daily responsibilities can include, but are not limited to:
- Work with internal and vendor translation providers to organize and manage learning translation projects which include translation of simple to complex documents, eLearning content, scripts, and video subtitles
- Provide sponsors of various learning projects guidance for their translation projects including pre-review of source language documents to ensure a smooth translation process, scheduling work such that a thorough review process is included before translation projects are released, and work with language and culture experts to identify and resolve localization issues
- Provide support for Learning Content Designers and Developers when planning projects that will involve translation and localization
- Work closely with language-specific Learning Content Developers to make language related updates to programs easier to accomplish without wholesale retranslation
- As an expert in at least one additional non-English language, provide expertise for translation reviews as needed
- Other tasks and projects, as assigned by the Learning Content Development Lead
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Preferred Program of Study
Translation and Localization Management, Liberal Arts, English, Journalism, Film and Digital Media, Multimedia Production, Instructional Design and eLearning Development
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with translation and localization of learning content artifacts like documents, video subtitles, and eLearning
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience managing learning development projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on accuracy and ability to adapt to different styles and tones
- Fluency in English and one or more of the following: Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, French
- Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to troubleshoot and discover solutions to unforeseen problems
- Strong aesthetic, design composition, and typographic abilities
- A collaborative and learning personality, able to consider direct instruction and constructive criticism with respect to produced work
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while consistently delivering high quality results
- Able to work effectively with teammates who live in different time zones and cultures
- Able to be productive while working outside of an office environment (working from home)
- Willing to travel (up to 15%)
Skills and Abilities
- eLearning development experience (moderate to full interactivity levels)
- Demonstrable practice writing effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts
- Demonstrable, intermediate level of proficiency with current versions of Adobe Captivate, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Articulate Rise 360 and Storyline 360
- Proficient in the use of the Google Suite (Google docs) in a collaborative environment
- Proficient working in an Mac and Windows environment
To help us process your application quicker please submit your resume in English and a cover letter written in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, or French (as applicable).
Your application has been successfully submitted.