Product Design Manager, Communities Member Experiences Discovery
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission of the Community Experiences team at Facebook is to help people build meaningful communities. With the COVID situation, the need for people to connect with their communities online when they can’t do so in real life has never been greater. To address these needs, we’re investing in a suite of Online Events products to serve diverse use cases from small family gatherings to online classes to large broadcast events. We’re looking for an experienced Design manager to build the growing team and drive design direction and strategy for this emerging business, as well as oversee other key Community Discovery efforts including the Groups tab and Community views.
Product Design Manager, Communities Member Experiences Discovery Responsibilities
- Partner with other functional leads to determine the cross-Facebook strategy for Community Discovery
- Define a long-term vision for the Online Events product, create a plan and drive high-quality execution to realize the plan
- Define what growth looks like for the team including hiring, coaching and building up future leaders
- Create a strong team culture for design and across the broader Communities organization
- Experience identifying and implementing processes for Design working well within the Communities organization and with distributed Communities initiatives throughout the company
- Experience collaborating and influencing cross-functionally, building relationships with other teams
- Experience translating strategic goals of the org into Design staffing requirements, team structure, and clearing priorities
- Experience effectively managing a design team, including mapping out individual career progression
- Experience contributing as an IC on strategic assessment of new bets, taking highly ambiguous or emergent problems and forming a structured opinion on product direction
- Experience resolving or escalating disagreements quickly and effectively
- A strong combination of design leadership, expertise in cross-team and cross-function collaborations, experience bringing clarity to a new space and for Communities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.