Product Design Manager, Messenger - Product Foundations: Privacy
San Francisco, CA, USA
Messenger has spent years as Facebook’s communication platform that connects billions of people around the world. Today, we are connecting people more than ever as we expand our mission to other mediums, networks and realities, and it’s crucial that you feel safe and secure when connecting with your friends and family. We’re looking for a tenured Product Design Manager to support the Privacy team. The Privacy team is focused on making Messenger be trusted by people for their most intimate communications, and on working hard to earn that trust. Here are some of the areas we are focused on:
Reducing Permanence: People should be comfortable being themselves, and should not have to worry about what they share coming back to hurt them later.
Control and Transparency: People should feel in control of their experience - who can see their data, who can message them, who can see their actions - all without overwhelming people with many knobs and configurations.
Real World Privacy: Messaging should not only feel private from the people you chat with, or governments, but also from people in your physical space. Whether you’re on a crowded bus or you’re sharing your phone with a partner or family member, you should have ways to protect your messaging. E2EE: People's private communications should be secure. End-to-end encryption prevents anyone -- including us -- from seeing what people share on our services.
Product Design Manager, Messenger - Product Foundations: Privacy Responsibilities
- Building and managing a growing team of talented designers.
- Help establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product design and execution.
- Help lead the vision and strategic planning for the product roadmap, both short term and long-term.
- Manage multiple projects and allocate design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals.
- Drive product design with a team of world-class engineers, Product Managers, analysts and user researchers.
- Establishing a strong, collaborative design practice.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design.
- 6+ years of experience working collaboratively with engineering, design and user research teams.
- 5+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership.
- Senior people management, team development, and recruiting experience.
- Experience growing strategic design practice within design teams.
- Visual and interaction experience in software design.
- Organizational and analytical experience.
- Experience executing with hands-on design.
Your application has been successfully submitted.