Software Development Engineer
We are HVH Tech Team under People & Experience Technology in HR organization in Amazon. Our team and technology are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As part of our growth and expansion, we are setting up brand new teams to build end-to-end hiring solutions on Native AWS from ground up. This solution will handle all phases of hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive the development of services and assets for an external facing, mobile first, global solution that will be used by millions of applicants aspiring to work at Amazon. You will own automation of business processes using proven as well as evolving AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free customer experience. Your tier-one services will have highest standards and be available 24x7, scale under massive load, and perform consistently.
In this role you will-
- Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
- Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
- Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development best practices, and operational excellence processes.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the development teams.
- Develop junior and new team members by mentoring them on multiple fronts.
We want you if -
- You strive to build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
- You have high standards and drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
- You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
- You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
- You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop efficient and scalable Software using NAWS infrastructure which will help candidates in hiring process.
- Must have 1+ years of experience in Software Development life cycle.
- Work closely with product and tech team members starting from requirement gathering to develop and innovate software solutions.
A day in the life
Day to Day activities involved closely work with stake holders such as Product Manager, SDMs, and design and develop software. Attend daily team stand up meetings and weekly Team meeting to review progress or projects and contribute in prioritization. Once in a month be part of Oncall rotation to support any customer impacting incidents if occur on page basis.
About the team
This position is for HVH Team in PXT org which is responsible for owning high volume hiring products. The product is widely used 20+ countries by real candidates/HR users and continue to grow YoY. This team is having diverse skills with product managers, Sr Software developers, Technical Program Managers, and Engineering tech team distributed in USA, Dublin and India.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 1+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Experience in framework design and development
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented design, distributed system architecture, and various AWS technologies.
- Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $1110-160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History