Software Development Engineer, HVH
Our team and technology are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As part of our growth and expansion, we are setting up brand new teams to build end-to-end hiring solutions on Native AWS from ground up. This solution will handle all phases of hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and deliver solutions for stories
- Write automated tests
- Analyze operational data to identify opportunities to improve system
- Keep abreast of best practices and new technologies
- Collaborate across teams for complex defect resolution
A day in the life
- Attending daily stand-ups
- Writing tests and code
- Reviewing teammates' code and giving feedback
- Taking action on teammates feedback on you own code
- Meeting with stakeholders on stories
- Reviewing runtime metrics to monitor the system
- Identifying opportunities for team or system improvement
- Writing and updating documentation
- Periodic team meetings to give input on team strategy and planning
About the team
- We are a team work to design and deliver a system that enables candidates who wants to work for Amazon find a job.
- We are a remote team working out of Seattle.
- We are very focused on ensuring that we enable a great candidate experience.
- Our customers are the candidates themselves who we help through the hiring process. We also work directly with the internal workforce staffing team, data scientists, and other hiring systems to ensure a great candidate experience.
- We find new ways to use automation to help the hiring process move faster, smoother, and smarter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Experience in framework design and development
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented design, distributed system architecture, and various AWS technologies.
- Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History