Senior Regulatory Operations Manager, Cities
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As our community grows, we work closely with local governments around the world to craft progressive and fair rules for home sharing that enable people to continue to share their homes responsibly.
The Cities team is a cross-functional product team that supports guests, hosts, and local governments to ensure successful global compliance with local regulations while scalably sustaining company growth.
We are seeking an operator who is exceptionally effective, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and an excellent communicator.
In this role, you will help us scale regulatory compliance strategies and programs for jurisdictions facing new home sharing rules around the world, presenting to cross-functional peers and leadership alike. You will be the accountable owner for compliance programs, aligning strategy and execution across disparate stakeholders. You will have an eye towards scale, testing, and iterating to further the capacity of the team. You are both scrappy and polished, enabling you to move quickly while bringing stakeholders along. Ultimately your work will support the home sharing movement and partnerships with jurisdictions around the world, keeping Airbnb a trusted community.
- Lead the development and execution of successfully scaled programs across discreet compliance verticals, communicating program outcomes to leadership across Cities, Policy, Legal, and regional teams.
- Serve as the lead for your jurisdictions by creating an operational rhythm and managing cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring initiatives are on track, and maintaining project documentation
- Analyze strategic opportunities for risk reduction across jurisdictions, partner with Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Policy and Legal to align roadmaps, and drive successful execution with measurable impact
- Lead product assurance leveraging an eye for detail while keeping a global mindset
- Support strategic projects to drive efficiency and effectiveness for the Operations team
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of work experience in operations, management consulting, and/or project management in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- ambiguous environments
- Hands-on approach of getting things done with a sense of urgency and quickly adapting priorities to unexpected changes to achieve project goals and objectives
- Proven track record navigating a matrixed organization and building relationships to achieve goals with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, data science, and policy
- Strong analytical skills, including creating and using data, to understand problems, communicate opportunities, and make informed decisions. SQL knowledge is a plus
- Ability to make decisions balancing short-term gains with long-term strategic positioning
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent presentation skills
- Intellectually curious, open-minded self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and risk and excited by dynamic change
The starting base pay for this role is between $124,000 and $156,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.