Technical Principal Executive Recruiter
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Building diverse teams and leading people are the most important responsibilities of Airbnb’s senior leadership team. We need leaders who can boldly set strategy and lead with integrity and empathy. To find these special leaders, we are building our first in-house Executive Recruiting team. We are seeking an experienced, nimble and consultative executive recruiter to manage searches across our technological business. In this role, you will be responsible for both leading searches as well as partnering with search firms to effectively drive searches to completion while providing exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have experience leading senior level searches across technical verticals, you will have a strong understanding of the engineering landscape and a proven network of executive level contacts in the industry. You will be a strategic talent advisor to their hiring teams, have an in depth knowledge of our addressable markets and always come to the table with an informed point-of view on the talent pool, interview best practices, assessment criteria and competitive market. You will have exceptional communication and influencing capabilities and unparalleled sound professional judgement. This is a fast moving, ever evolving environment, we are looking for that special someone who thrives in ambiguity, is agile and has a solutions first mindset.
This is an incredible opportunity to build something from the ground up and have a tremendous impact as Airbnb grows.
- Work with our leaders to assess their needs, consult, advise and support them through their hiring journey.
- Partner with Executive Recruiting Lead to build and evolve the Executive Recruiting function at Airbnb.
- Research and map the market to uncover top talent that could be a great fit for Airbnb now or in the future.
- Create engagement strategies to build relationships with our future leaders.
- Find not only best in market talent, but best in the world talent, strive for greatness.
- Lead searches for our most senior leadership from conception to start date and beyond.
- Create an unparalleled candidate experience, unique and creative with a hosting first mindset.
- Be an expert in your field, a market leader, build the kinds of relationships with top talent that has them knocking on our door.
- Lead with a data first approach, understand that data is powerful and use it as part of your strategy to be successful.
- 12+ years of recruiting experience, with most recent experience hiring C Suite and senior level technology positions.
- A good mix of executive agency and in-house experience.
- Proven track record of building trust and credibility with senior executives, preferably up to the Founder level.
- Strong consulting skills with demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills and professional judgement.
- Ability to cut through complexity and deliver results, particularly under ever-changing circumstances.
- Agile, resilient and resourceful with a sense of humour and humility.
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits
Your application has been successfully submitted.