Mixed Methods Researcher, People Research Team - Washington, DC
We are seeking to grow our mixed methods research team, which is designed to complement our mostly quantitative people analytics team. We are looking for a Mixed Methods Researcher who can collaborate to influence innovative solutions to increase diversity and inclusion, optimize employee performance, growth, engagement and retention, and help build an innovative future of work.
Mixed Methods Researcher, People Research Team Responsibilities
- Design hypotheses and lead mixed method studies to derive insights about the behaviors and attitudes of employees and identify opportunities for improving people processes and roles in an ambiguous and fast-changing environment
- Weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed, complete insights
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to influence stakeholders and motivate behavior change
- Collaborate cross-functionally with quantitative researchers, program managers and HR business partners to align on priorities
- Support mixed methods analytical frameworks & socialize them with the People Analytics team and HR stakeholders
- Help elevate the mixed methods skills of the broader people analytics organization
- consult and advise on mixed methods studies executed in the broader org
- 4+ years experience with qualitative research methods and a Ph.D., or 7+ years with a MA/MS
- Ph.D. or M.A./M.S. in Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Anthropology, Community, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- Expertise in qualitative research methods (e.g., individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, persona development)
- Experience with quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis, sampling, and inferential statistics)
- Demonstrated experience in give-and-take collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- 3+ years experience building cross-functional relationships
- 6+ years experience with qualitative research methods (PhD), or 10+ years with a MA/MS
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Experience working in HR
- Experience coaching/mentoring of early-career employees
- Experience executing quantitative research, and integrating with qualitative methods
- 3+ years experience translating research insights into programs in the HR space
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $153,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.