Product Designer, Oculus
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Join a team of designers who are passionate about creating a cutting edge Virtual Reality experience and establishing VR Platform as an industry leader. You will be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the full experience.
You’ll be responsible for designing, researching, prototyping, and implementing features for incremental changes as well as future iterations. You’ll work with and get feedback from the Design, Engineering and Product management teams in FRL. This position is full-time.
Product Designer, Oculus Responsibilities
- Synthesize broad and ambiguous business requirements and accomplish them through design
- Help establish preliminary processes to align cross-functional teams
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product and Executive teams
- Design end-to-end flows and visuals and individually contribute to the product and feature set
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers, content strategist & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
- Step back and help build product strategy – thinking beyond just incremental features
- Advocate for product design within Facebook Reality Labs and throughout Facebook
- Experience designing and experience managing and leading in cross-functional environments
- 2+ years of experience in shipping software products
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing frameworks
- Experience thinking about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build and why)
- A portfolio featuring examples of both visual and interaction work
- Unity experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.