Technical Artist, Horizon - FRL
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a team of artists and engineers who are passionate about creating a cutting-edge VR experience. The Reality Labs team is seeking an experienced Technical Artist to work on Horizon. Technical Artists are responsible for the technical aspects of art asset development. This entails working closely with Art and Engineering to develop and support the asset pipeline, animation & rigging tools, animation rigs, and real-time effects. This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA.
Technical Artist, Horizon - FRL Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
- Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation, and hooking up animations
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience with Maya Python/PyMEL, PySide/PyQt
- 5+ years of experience in game development as a Technical Artist
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists
- Experience making tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc
- Experience with game profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Experience with Unity
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.