Executive Recruiter, Global Executive Talent Acquisition - Redmond, Washington
Are you an experienced talent acquisition professional focused on hiring top executive talent? If so, this is your chance to make a significant impact on the future of Microsoft as part of a leading-edge Global Executive Talent Acquisition team. We are looking to add an Executive Recruiter to the Americas Go-to-Market (GTM) team who will leverage a proactive approach to recruiting and help drive a robust talent acquisition agenda.
This position encompasses all stages of the hiring process from developing sourcing strategies to target and assess top executive talent, to negotiating and closing offers. Core to the role is the ability to build relationships with client stakeholders, HR business partners, and other talent acquisition professionals.
Having a deep understanding of recruiting and its relationship to talent management, as well as an understanding of the technology industry competitor landscape will enable the successful candidate. An important part of the role is focused on high impact deliverables such as enabling Microsoft’s Diversity and Inclusion agenda, Talent Scouting and Succession planning.
Ideally, the candidate will have a deep understanding of the GTM businesses (Worldwide Commercial, Marketing Consumer, and Global Sales) and understand how these groups are related and where they intersect. Ability to navigate ambiguity and be nimble as the sales and marketing environment changes is important.
- Uses data and metrics, and an understanding of the long-term business requirements, to advise a division, set of countries, or subsidiary on the implications of talent gaps. Leads the development of staffing processes and strategies.
- Applies deep knowledge of factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to guide the development of end-to-end hiring plans aligned to the needs of the business group, division, region, or subsidiary.
- Consults a division, region, or subsidiary on critical talent needs and opportunities. Presents and frames information in a way that speaks to the business needs and influences leaders to embrace differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight and set plans to meet hiring goals. Connects data to cross-organization goals and leads conversations across groups to address broad hiring issues. Leads the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent for a division’s, set of countries, or subsidiary’s short-term and long-term needs (12 months and beyond).
- Uses deep knowledge of competitor opportunities to differentiate Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards and leverage a consistent, compelling message that conveys the most significant motivators to prospective candidates.
- Shares proven stories that help others across the discipline to source, recruit, and/or close candidates. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle, often for critical, complex, high level or high-volume candidate searches. Owns the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate and partnering with business leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
- Leverages long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry. Develops a comprehensive approach that integrates multiple concepts (e.g. community building, business intelligence) to create an innovative sourcing strategy for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Shares candidates across teams, and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to generate and meet targets for differentiated talent for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Manages the candidate assessment framework and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure high-quality hires. Identifies opportunities for improvement and leads the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Manages the candidate screening framework, and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure effective screening processes and a qualified talent pool.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Leads the optimization of staffing policies, systems, and processes throughout his or her organization, and guides stakeholders on the impact of these changes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights.
- 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Exectuive or senior leadership client-aligned recruiting expereince
- LinkedIn Certification.
This is a full-time salaried position. It can be remote full-time OR if you are located near Redmond, WA or a Regional Hub you are welcome to join on-site at our offices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $113,900 to $187,700
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.