HR Business Partner - Redmond, Washington
You are looking for a HR Team that values collaboration and the idea of working better together. You have passion for partnering with the business on driving organizational and culture transformation, take pride in enabling high quality delivery of key people outcomes, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. Come join us as a HR Business Partner (HRBP) supporting the Microsoft Store business.
Microsoft Store Direct Sales and Support is a thriving and unique organization within the Marketing Consumer Business (MCB) and MS Stores organization that Sell, Train and Support underserved customers, and attract, develop and grow talent from diverse backgrounds to broader Microsoft. The roles in the organization cover a broad range of disciplines such as Business strategy, Business program Management, Sales Operations, Direct sales, customer training, customer support. The Microsoft Store HR Team is multi-cultural and internationally diverse, resembling the diverse composition of our workforce. We seek talent who wants to learn, to contribute, and to grow with this dynamic business.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. You can help us achieve our mission.
- Manages the execution of the design of talent, structure, culture and/or processes for an assigned organization. Provides feedback and insights to organizational design.
- Partners and consults with peer HR disciplines on leveraging the systems model, diagnosing talent pyramid and talent management processes/programs, interpreting results, and building recommendations based on data analyses. Contributes to the design and implementation of the assessments or solutions for organizational effectiveness.
- Interprets results of analyses provided by HR Business Insights on talent management processes (e.g., attrition, movement, polls, compensation patterns), talent needs, and risks, in the context of the business. Provides recommendations about organizational strategies, goals, and actions. Contributes to implementation plans based on data analysis results and recommendations. Identifies new sources of information and areas from which to collect data (e.g., focus group, interviews, surveys).
Change Design & Orchestration
- Implements and adapts to new or changing structures, cultural change, or business-specific programs/processes for an assigned organization.
- Evaluates internal business drivers and environmental factors to foster change adoption among a diversity of employees and managers. Assesses risks and benefits to ensure project feasibility, and collaborates with business leaders or HR partners to develop effective change-management strategies and training materials.
- Manages the implementation of the holistic people plan for an assigned organization by providing insights and recommendations, and shares feedback and ideas with leadership on the development of people plan.
Strategic Talent Management
- Participates in the implementation of strategic talent management efforts for an assigned organization by identifying talent strengths and needs and collaborating with Talent Management.
- Contributes to implementing talent movement plans using business insights and data to identify potential successors. Executes on operational processes defined by others to ready successors and place them in the new role.
- Implements the Diversity and Inclusion plan for an assigned organization. Contributes to increasing the awareness of the Diversity and Inclusion plan among employees and managers. Identifies areas for improvement in the plan to increase workforce diversity and inclusion.
Leadership & Team Performance
- Supports leadership effectiveness and performance by assessing data and reporting/documenting findings. Coaches and assists managers and leaders through organizational change and recommends inclusive leadership practices.
- Implements interventions to improve leadership and team performance. Contributes to leadership capability planning for an organization. Engages leaders and teams to adopt and embody leadership principles.
Strategy Clarity & Alignment
- Understands the business strategies of their assigned organization. Executes on people and organizational priorities to drive business decisions and achieve specific business goals.
- Assists with guiding business leadership on clarifying and executing business strategies for an assigned client. Identifies areas for improving the clarity and effectiveness of strategy execution. Participates in the implementation of interventions.
- 7+ years work experience with Human Resources processes or related (e.g., hiring, training, performance management)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., Hiring, Training, Performance Management).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM)
- 3+ years experience with partnering with wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.