Director, Global Executive Talent Acquisition - Los Angeles
In Microsoft’s Global Talent Acquisition organization, our mission is to engage and hire the people who empower the planet. We endeavor to play a vital role in delivering on the promise of Microsoft’s culture and ultimately, make a difference in the world, through how and who we recruit. We believe that when recruiting experiences reflect the value and diversity of talented people, everyone can achieve more.
The Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) organization works with our Worldwide customers and partners to enable their digital transformation journeys. The Director of Global Executive Talent Acquisition (GETA) Americas, MCAPS is a unique opportunity to lead the team responsible for delivering excellence in who and how we recruit at Microsoft. In addition to leading the technical business-aligned executive talent acquisition team, this leader serves as a principal leader for developing, prioritizing, and executing broad strategic executive recruiting solutions in partnership with executives across Microsoft. We are looking for a strategic, collaborative, and influential talent acquisition leader with an exceptional track record of inclusive and consultative executive talent acquisition practices on a global scale.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The GETA Americas Director for our MCAPS Partners, works closely with the leaders of MCAPS, both MCAPS Core and regional leaders for MSUS, LATAM and Canada in addition to peers across GTA, HR and Talent Management. This leader has responsibility and accountability for:
- Inclusive Recruiting: Model and lead the way in inclusive executive recruiting practices across all stakeholders and drive strategy for and execution of hiring demand.
- Recruiting at Scale: Operate with consistency and focus on continuous improvement (process, tools, programs, etc.) to deliver greater business impact and insights. Effectively collaborate with other teams both within and outside of Global Talent Acquisition in support of our mission.
- Recruiting Capability: Practice and inspire a growth mindset across our function and with hiring partners supporting agility and responsiveness to the dynamic needs of the talent market and our businesses.
Deliver the promise of Microsoft’s culture and success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring. Exemplify our leadership principles by creating clarity, generating energy and delivering success.
- Operate strategically across the MCAPS business, lead through ambiguity, translate complex issues into simple impactful plans and effectively work with and through others.
- Strong global partnership abilities, relationship building and influencing business leaders, strategic partners and HR community.
- Ability to use data to generate organization and people insights, and in turn define and influence areas of focus, actions and decisions.
- Demonstrated capabilities in change management, coaching, and the ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Demonstrate success by applying fresh, creative thinking and a growth mindset to long-standing, complex challenges/problems resulting in high impact outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in managing HR initiatives in a large, complex, matrixed, and global business environment.
- Experience effectively balancing and prioritizing the needs of the business with the strategies of the company.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- 5+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
- Demonstrated exceptional people management capabilities in a talent acquisition function with a history of leaving an organization stronger than it was before.
- Ability to operate talent acquisition team with excellence at global scale.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $144,600 and $236,300.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.