Compensation Consultant, Talent Acquisition Partner - Redmond, Washington
As a Compensation Consultant you will be responsible for fostering a collaborative partnership with the Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) organization to drive compensation decisions and evangelize Total Rewards programs and processes within GTA. You will leverage your experience consulting with client groups, expertise in external market pay, and market trends knowledge to apply unique insights on competitive compensation practices. As a thought leader for the function, you’ll analyze effectiveness and competitiveness of on-hire compensation programs and model potential impacts of alternatives. Your work developing the on-hire compensation philosophy and delivering the principles throughout the GTA organization will strength Microsoft’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Program Design and Adaptation
- Identifies and recommends new compensation needs and opportunities, process break downs, and program design issues. Begins to create principles that guide the design and adaption of compensation programs, with guidance.
- Gain insights on industry offer trends to inform/influence compensation design and to enable better support of GTA organization.
- Creates materials to socialize proposed changes associated with a specific new or existing compensation program. Integrates and responds to feedback from partners (e.g., Recruiters) and helps facilitate program approval from management by contributing to business case development, proposals, and communication strategies.
- Contributes to and executes the implementation of a compensation program by reviewing and approving implementation and readiness materials. Participates in key phases of the process.
- Identify and implement creative ways to build recruiting capability (special tool development, templates, brown bags and/or Q&A sessions, special roundtables, etc.)
- Recommends immediate compensation solutions (e.g., in-business targeted compensation programs) to meet business needs. Identifies ways to improve compensation processes and enhance policy execution. Helps create informational presentations for diverse audiences as needed.
- 5+ years general HR experience or other related work experience
- OR 4+ years directly related compensation work experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 3+ years related work experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years compensation, general HR, or related business work experience.
- Compensation project management experience.
- Compensation program design experience.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $108200 and $162200.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.