AI/ML - Distributed Systems Tech Lead, ML Platform & Technology
Posted: May 31, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Join us in building the ML experimentation platform that enables the next generation of intelligent experiences in Apple’s products and services. Work with some of the best ML and software engineers to take ML Ops at Apple to the next level!
We are looking for a Technical Lead or Manager in backend and cloud infrastructure engineering who is experienced in leading teams and building scalable distributed systems. The ideal candidate has extensive experiences in designing and developing large scale data intensive systems, has a passion for ML cloud infrastructure, and a track record of managing and mentoring other engineers. You will lead a team of world-class software engineers and play a crucial role building and evolving our experimentation platform.
- 8+ years of experience developing and maintaining large scale distributed systems. 3+ years of as tech lead or engineering manager.
- Proven track record of delivering high impact projects through partnership across organization boundaries with product, design and infrastructure teams.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching backend and infrastructure software engineers.
- Experience of maintaining complex codebases with continuous integration, deployment and operation excellence.
- Broad experience in cloud native stack (AWS, GCP, Azure, K8s, Golang, gRPC etc) and deep expertise in designing distributed data intensive systems.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate about technical and architectural problems and work with key partners to iteratively solve the problems.
- Experience in machine learning is plus but not required.
Our group is part of Apple’s internal ML platform that enables ML teams to manage ML project life cycle - data engineering, labeling, training, online and offline evaluation, experimentation and more. You will lead a platform team to build scalable infrastructure and cloud services to expose those features to various Apple product and service teams.
Within our group, you and your team will be collaborating closely with design, web, ML engineering and project management teams to design and develop critical ML services and infrastructure. Collaboration and engineering excellence will be the key for you to move the needle in our fast growing environment.
This position is based in either Cupertino or Seattle.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.