Sr. Technical Program Manager, Benefits Experience Technology
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. On the same token, Amazon strives to be the most Employee centric company in the world. You have an opportunity to join the growing Benefits Operations Services organization whose mission is to provide professional services to administer global benefit programs for Amazonians.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team as the owner of Amazon’s benefits enrollment platform, owned a third-party vendor. This role will manage the overall contract between Amazon and the third-party, manage high consequence defects and escalations, accountable for 50+ country instances (supporting over 400k employees) and all changes required to the platform. The Sr. TPM will define the roadmap of global technical changes, track progress of changes, anticipate risks, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. The Sr. TPM will own key performance indicators and service level agreements for the benefits system.
We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of managing vendor or internal HCM or other technology platform. An ideal candidate will have experience successfully owning and managing large, complex problems, and engaging with cross-functional teams and numerous stakeholders. A successful candidate will have the experience to think big and implement game-changing ideas to solve real world problems. The candidate will thrive with the ability to negotiate and make smart tradeoffs for competing resources and requirements. The candidate will interface with tech teams and write effective requirements and user stories. As an individual contributor, strong project management skills and proven abilities to help design and implement tools/processes and/or data collection mechanisms and generate reporting are critical to this role. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, innovate, and be an effective communicator. The candidate should appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
ROLE MUST BE LOCATED IN SEATTLE, WA; ARLINGTON, VA; DALLAS, TX; OR BOSTON, MA
Key job responsibilities
• Manage the overall contract with the third-party vendor, including budget management
• Partner with internal benefits enrollment system team to ensure correct processing of day-to-day activities and system changes.
• Distill clear requirements from large and diverse sets of customers, partners, vendors, and regional agencies/business entities.
• Prioritize features and make tradeoffs to deliver the best business value, including moving quickly and iterating to deliver scalable solutions and readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and services outcomes.
• Build relationships with upstream/downstream partner teams, including working to influencing roadmaps to support the requirements for technical enhancements and operational services.
A day in the life
The Sr. TPM will manage the day to day activities for the non-US benefits enrollment platform. Working directly with the vendor account management and dedicated configuration team to implement and make changes to current integrations. This role will work with internal administrative and product support teams to ensure zero defects and a frustration free employee experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline or relevant work experience.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience.
• 5+ years of experience managing complex technology projects.
• Technical skills to understand products at a software architecture and design level.
• Experience managing HCM or other technology platforms.
• Experience supporting teams to deliver cross functional projects.
• Thought leadership on relevant topics related to benefits enrollment, benefits strategy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Knowledge of customer service, customer service or retail operations, or technical support.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to explain assumptions, recommendations, and prioritization.
• Experience presenting to executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History