Senior Product Manager-Tech, Talent Products
Are you passionate about the employee experience? Are you interested in solving problems at true scale that will impact over a million employees? Want to help realize Amazon’s new Leadership Principle – Strive to be Earth’s Best Employer? If so, you’re in the right spot!
Our team thinks broadly about how to connect data to actions for employees to reach their full potential. We design and build products and experiences that transform the employee experience across Amazon.
This role can be based in Seattle, Nashville or at one of our regional office locations. Virtual location may be considered.
Key job responsibilities
Talent Products is looking for a world-class Senior Product Manager to reimagine the Amazon employee experience. In this role, you will lead the core product experience for the Rise product. Rise solves Amazon's hard problem such as succession planning, organizational planning, and scaling career growth actions across the employee population to enable each employee to individually grow at Amazon and reach their career aspirations.
This role will:
Partner with UX Research and UX Design to understand customer problems and needs, create mocks, and prototypes to bring the vision to life, aid in usability testing, engineering estimates.
Provide thought leadership with customers, stakeholders, executive leadership, engineering, and science.
Lead discussion and thinking with stakeholders to push into production new ideas.
Lead cross-functional teams (e.g. design, research, software and data engineering, science, program management) to deliver on product development lifecycle milestones.
Manage product milestones from concept to launch, proactively identify and resolve strategic and tactical issues, provide cross-functional leadership.
Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive improvements and better understanding of customer needs.
Develop and communicate product roadmap to leadership, stakeholders, and customers.
A day in the life
You will drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap. Your product will aid in the employee experience of hundreds of thousands of employees globally. You will define and build an experience to create action based, data and science-informed, solutions for employees, Amazon managers, and business leaders. You will innovate and experiment to learn on behalf of our customers, partnering with engineers, scientists, economists, business leaders, and managers across Amazon. Interfacing with executive leadership and stakeholders, you will influence a new strategic direction for talent planning across WW Consumer.
About the team
Talent Products Team (TPT) is an incubator team within WW Consumer People Experience & Technology (PXT), creating new technology and science that challenges the status quo across the talent development lifecycle, inclusive of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, promotions, organizational planning, performance management, and learning & development.
- 5+ year experience with end to end product delivery
- 7+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on time
- Demonstrated history of strong customer focus
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and measure success.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long-term planning and day-to-day progress tracking and execution.
- Interest in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree / MBA
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- History working on complex technical products through multiple lifecycles.
- Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $173K - $235k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History