Principal, HR Business Partner, Sustainability
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic HR professional to join our team as a global HR leader for Sustainability.
Ideally, this role will be based out of Seattle with some flexibility for the right candidate. Occasional domestic and international travel is required.
In this position, you will help your business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies that enable business priorities and foster the employee experience. It requires strong leadership and team collaboration across a global organization as well as the ability to focus on broader projects and HR initiatives. You must be a seasoned professional who can coach and consult senior leaders, partner with business leaders on strategic people initiatives, has the ability to implement and optimize HR programs and processes, and can identify and drive appropriate solutions related to HR policies and processes.
You will diagnose issues and influence long term solutions and outcomes. You must be able to collaborate across groups and influence all levels of the organization. You should be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and engaging on a hands on basis with individuals and teams as well as operating strategically with leadership teams. You will need strong business acumen, executive coaching skills, excellent communications skills, strategic thinking, and planning/project management skills. You must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for stakeholders in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and implement people plans and solutions to achieve people initiatives and deliver results for the organization.
- Partner with senior leaders and their leadership teams to develop the talent strategy needed to support our growth, and build a work environment where all employees can thrive.
- Work closely with specialist central HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues, keep the right focus on assessing the HR needs in areas such as performance management, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and compensation/rewards.
- Function as a coach, consultant and counselor to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business drive succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Partner with central HR Partner (AWS Builder Experience Team) organization to work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Partner with talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in an HR leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management.
- Strong skills in coaching, influencing, problem solving, critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization and across dotted line stakeholder groups to achieve results.
- High judgement decision-maker
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Previous experience leading in a matrix environment (ideally internationally)
- An ability and desire to own a space, provide thought leadership, and catalyze results.
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including organizational design, talent management, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, learning, and performance management.
- Excellent business acumen.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History