Product Design Manager - Instagram, Well-Being
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Instagram is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a set of designers on the Instagram Well-being Design team. This Well-being team’s mission is ‘to create the safest and most supportive global community’ and we are responsible for a wide range of problem spaces including account security, integrity, charitable giving, elections, anti-bullying, privacy, and equity. People come to Instagram to express themselves, engage with others, and be inspired. It’s our responsibility to make Instagram a positive force for each person and community, and society more broadly.
The role combines growing and managing a team, and candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. Candidates must have a background with strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy.Product Design Manager - Instagram, Well-Being Responsibilities
- Manage and develop a team of designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Experience in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and experience identifying problems and proactively working towards solutions.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Minimum 8 years of design experience.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.