Product Design Manager, Enterprise Products
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
The Enterprise Products Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers. Our team designs and builds products customized for the purposes they’re intended to serve: unlocking the vast potential of Facebook teams. We're seeking a Product Design Manager to help us shape the innovative products and capabilities to create the very best product for Facebook's billion users. In this role, you’ll be working together with your counterparts in product management, engineering, and data science to define the strategy and vision that guide the team to build great products addressing real user needs.
You must have proven mentoring and communication skills, the ability to help shape product strategy, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and build your own designs. This role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design.
Product Design Manager, Enterprise Products Responsibilities
- Manage the health and success of a growing team of talented designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Establish a strong, collaborative design practice with a healthy feedback culture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to establish a shared vision by building consensus on priorities, leading to sound product design and execution.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Manage a distributed design team and collaborate with teams in other offices.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- A lifelong learner, always looking for new ways to challenge yourself and the status quo.
- 3+ years industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- 8+ years of digital design experience.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- Experience leading product strategy.
- Proven communicator who knows how to influence stakeholders throughout the design journey.
- Experience interpreting data and leveraging it to drive change.
Your application has been successfully submitted.