Senior Product Designer, Educator
Toronto, ON, Canada
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
In this role, you will own the design of a large strategic area of the Coursera Educator Platform, namely, to architect an industry-defining experience for Learning Management System experiences (LMS) that serve Coursera’s Degree Partner Universities. Our Degree partners need to recruit and enroll students, author and teach courses, assess student performance and perform administrative tasks; all on Coursera.
The experience of authoring and managing degree programs is inherently challenging with multiple players involved during the process. Your job will be to create simplicity from complexity; map real-world scenarios to tasks and workflows, understand the complex backend framework that supports these interaction patterns and influence everything from micro interactions to the most complex system design challenges. As the Coursera product offering grows, our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of UX design and interaction design work case studies (please link a personal website or portfolio below).
- Leverage your strategic and systems design thinking to create a product blueprint and journey maps for our Degrees experience for students and university partners
- Translate research insights into novel product experiences, design workflows and detailed interactions, and leverage your visual design skills to bring delightful experiences to life
- Partner with research, product managers, engineers and data science to create a product from initial definition to shipping and beyond
- Contribute to high-level strategic product initiatives through collaborative workshops and presentations
- Present design solutions to key stakeholders, defend design decisions, and translate feedback into design iterations
- Contribute to Coursera’s Design system, to help internal teams design consistent experiences across platforms and businesses
- 10+ years of experience in building and shipping complex products; bonus if built from the group up
- Able to design end-to-end experience for workflows starting with information architecture, user journeys, concept sketches to high fidelity designs
- Able to understand client-side and backend framework constraints & capabilities and come up with feasible solutions that don’t compromise the experience
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
- Practiced in design research methodologies and the ability to collaborate closely with the research team
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.