This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Team in San Francisco, California. In the role of Accounting Manager, you will assist in leading and managing the daily operations of the general accounting team. You must be hands on and willing to take ownership. This role requires excellent communication, organization, and ability to manage and work with a cross-functional team.
- Assist in managing the full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Approve purchase requisitions, support business on best buying practices, ensuring financial accuracy.
- Manage corporate card and travel and expense program.
- Support overseeing day to day operations of the GL teams, including close optimization and accuracy.
- Assist in all areas of the monthly corporate close process including all areas of operational accounting - GL, AP, fixed assets, payroll, accruals, intercompany accounting, consolidations, analytical review and reporting.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends objectives, policies, and procedures to management.
- Identify risks, implement controls, and maintain proper process documentation in accordance with SOX.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, develop, and mentor direct reporting personnel.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and efficiently.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Ideal candidate should have at least 6 years of combined Accounting experience, with 4 years preferably in public accounting
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Outstanding follow-through and ability to complete tasks within short deadlines
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ever-changing work environment
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development
- Passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work
- Passionate about doing hands-on work, but with an eye toward scale in the future
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot tables, ERP systems such as Netsuite or SAP
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment with diverse personalities and with employees at all levels of the organization
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
How people build software.