Senior Payroll Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
The Sr. Payroll Analyst is responsible for the administration of the day to day U.S. payroll operations and accuracy of the U.S. semi-monthly payrolls. You will be a resource to employees and perform related job functions as required.
- Process semi-monthly U.S. payrolls - approximately 1300 people
- Process timesheets for approximately 100 people
- Journal entry uploads into SAP after each payroll run
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS and ADP Payroll to ensure both systems are in sync
- Process daily stock transactions in ADP for compliance and reporting
- Partner with HR team in processing domestic payrolls
- Partner with Internal and external business partners to test new functional system
- enhancements, system updates and integrations
- Assist with year-end close to ensure a smooth year-end and to provide accurate W2's
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including various implementation and
- Respond to employee inquiries timely
- Participate in payroll projects and planning
- Process garnishments, unemployment wage claims and tax tracers as needed
- Provide feedback to improve payroll processes
- Create accounting journal entries for month-end close
- Complete reconciliations of accounts for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
- Administration and auditing of ESPP
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables)
- Knowledgeable of U.S. wage and hourly laws
- Experience with accounting processes and month-end close including journal entries and
- reconciliations as it relates to payroll
- Working knowledge with ADP Workforce Now, ADP timesheets (TLM), Workday and SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality for payroll, stock and other employee personal
- ADP WFN (payroll system)
- ADP TLM (timesheets)
- Workday (HRIS)
- SAP (Accounting system)
- Stock experience a plus
- ESPP administration experience a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.