Security Solution Architect (Remote - US)
United States Remote
GitHub is seeking a Security Solutions Architect for our Professional Services team. They focus on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Security Solutions Architect you will have a direct impact on the security of some of the world’s largest code bases and the most commonly used applications. You will be a trusted consultant to the world's leading companies to assist them in transforming how they approach security in their software delivery life cycle. You will shape how they integrate security throughout their software delivery lifecycle. You will create a vision for these customers on how they can improve, and work closely with their stakeholders and teams to implement these changes.
For this role, you can expect to spend about 60% of your time with customers on high-level details and driving Advanced Security adoption. The rest of the time is likely split between CodeQL and Advanced Security deployment.
- Be a trusted advisor for our customers on all aspects of GitHub Advanced Security
- Share expertise on CodeQL, both from a language and deployment perspective
- Serve as the primary owner of customer deliverables over long-term engagements
- Provide technical contribution and facilitate development with the broader Services Advanced Security team
- Participation in customer scoping calls throught the customer's journey, with ongoing, recurring collaboration with customers
- Frequent calibration of customer success criteria and providing proactive, creative attention on their priorities
- Help customers understand and quantify value from Advanced Security
- Collaborate with team members across GitHub, providing valuable insights from the field on how we can improve our products
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub
- Strong ability to collaboratively and optimistically handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of a client engagement
- Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and common types of vulnerability
- Experience with common DevOps tools, CI/CD, builds, etc.
- Experience of code analysis (static/dynamic), dependency scanning, or other security automation in a DevOps environment
- Experience in mentoring other engineers and disseminating complex technical ideas and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to persuade customers to make hard, but worthwhile decisions
- An ability to see the tradeoffs of technical solutions and make recommendations to customers
- A desire to help others, and to collaborate with both customers and GitHub team members
- A growth mentality, and a passion for discovering new technologies
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.