Senior Manager, Web Design and Infrastructure (Marketing) Remote - US / Canada
United States Remote
The team is a group of talented interactive designers, front-end specialists, and engineers who collectively own GitHub’s marketing web pages. Your north star will be creating authentic developer experiences, at scale. We believe every pixel matters, the way we approach building marketing pages reflects the quality of our product, and that we should focus on systems first.
- Lead a team of designers and engineers to craft experiences that are deeply authentic to our developer audience
- Bridge the gap between business needs, design, and technical translation
- Partner with product, engineering, and design system teams to prioritize a roadmap that will allow our marketing website to scale effectively and hit business goals
- Influence strategic decisions around our marketing tech stack
- Ruthlessly optimize process and governance to ensure highly performant pages
- Take ownership of the developer voice and be an advocate for GitHub’s story coming to life across various marketing initiatives (including design, content, events, etc)
- Manage the testing and deployment of major marketing releases
- Live by a growth mindset, and constantly find ways to improve process and tooling to gain efficiencies
- Work with designers on your team to develop their career paths, and provide coaching to grow their skills
- 5+ years leading design or technical teams, preferably at a fast-paced tech company. You have a technical background or experience working on developer tools
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium and experience in leading teams to the boundaries of what’s possible in modern web development (think webgl experiments, css art, new JS methodologies, etc)
- Demonstrable experience in strategizing, advocating for, and executing large scale tech stack reforms and design systems
- A successful track record of working with designers and engineers. You’ve often been the “glue” binding these functions together
- Ability to understand broad and complex problems and distill them down into an actionable set of deliverables
- A growth mindset and desire to find efficiencies from process and tool
- Confident in writing HTML & CSS and comfort using Git version control
- Experience coaching and mentoring designers, supporting them in growing their skills and careers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Your application has been successfully submitted.