Senior Engineering Manager - UI Frameworks (Remote - US / Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GitHub is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join our UI Platform organization and lead our UI Frameworks team. This team extracts patterns and builds paved paths and frameworks that codify our principles. These frameworks enable the next generation of interactive experiences that our internal and external developers use every day in their development workflows.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- Ensure the team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly
- Ensure the team, the company and the community have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about fostering healthy team culture and individual growth
- 3+ years of experience with managing engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience building and maintaining at scale
- Prefer impact rather than activity
- Experience communicating with a broad range of stakeholders
- Proven track record of executing initiatives
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Experience working with a distributed team
We are the most excited for managers that care deeply about building cohesive teams that consistently ship inspired solutions for our customers.
- Developed or managed teams that built APIs or frameworks at scale
- You have maintained a public API or framework over multiple years
- Built or maintained planet-scale engineering systems
- Have managed a distributed team
- Experience with JS
- Experience with Rails
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
How people build software.