Manager, Music Publishing Partner Technology, YouTube
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an engineering and client-facing role.
- 2 years of experience in management.
- Experience developing and running services or scripts built in C++, Go, Java, and/or Python.
- MBA, Master's degree, or equivalent business management experience in a music-specific role (e.g., negotiation skills or music licensing).
- Experience in internet products and technologies in either software engineering, product management, engineering program management, technical account management, sales engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with SQL, Go, and Python programming language.
- Experience as a people manager.
About the job
YouTube Media and Platform Operations (MPO) team delivers exceptional support for industry-leading premium products (e.g., YouTube Music, TV, Living Room). We deliver solutions to help our entertainment industry, consumer devices, and audience measurement partners provide the quality product across the digital ecosystem.
As a Music Publishing Partner Technology Manager for Youtube, you will work with the Business Development team to license music rights through music publishers and collection societies. We are the bridge between Business, Product, and Engineering teams, building and owning technical solutions to accelerate the launch of products, grow the business of our partners, and enable YouTube users to enjoy their music.
You will be a technologist taking responsibility for the success of YouTube’s Music partnerships, leading and inspiring your team, owning technical deployments, optimizing implementations, driving business opportunities, and seeking innovative solutions in the fluid work of digital music to build successful, long-term partnerships.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage a team supporting Music Publishing partners in the US and Canada. Provide centralized support for partners across the Globe and inspire your team to own the technical solutions and foster a prototyping culture.
- Own the definition of the regional strategy and work closely with the global leads to shape the future of Music Publishing Operations.
- Own the technical relationship with our partners, and guarantee the technical aspects of their integration by providing technical guidance and documentation. Work closely with the Business team to discuss agreements to make sure partners are successful.
- Identify, drive, and optimize existing and business opportunities, leveraging YouTube technologies through prototyping and innovation, and ensuring the proper resolution to technical problems.
- Implementation reviews, advocate product features, and internal tools, and improve product features by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.