Senior Analyst, International Tax (Reporting & Compliance)
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. As Netflix expands globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to scale with and contribute to our growth. That’s where you come in.
The Netflix tax team is a team of stunning tax professionals with deep technical expertise who celebrate inclusivity and diversity, transparency, curiosity and integrity. Each of us is empowered with freedom and responsibilities to do what’s best for Netflix.
We are seeking a stunning Senior International Tax Analyst to join Netflix's US international tax reporting and compliance team. This role provides the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex international tax issues with our cross-functional partners on a daily basis. You will be involved in researching and documenting tax technical issues, advising business partners and other tax teams on US international tax reporting queries, driving data transformation and automation initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and analytical skills, excellent organizational and communication skills, experience in and a passion for workflow automation. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple projects, analyzing tax issues, communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners, challenging status quo and driving continuous improvement for operational excellence.
We find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a public accounting firm or in industry are more likely to be more suited for this unique challenge. If you’re a Manager or a rising star Senior Tax Associate, we’d love to talk to you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the US international tax reporting and compliance workflow including but not limited to GILTI, Subpart F, earnings and profits, FDII, BEAT and foreign tax credit analysis and related tax filings;
- Prepare/review the quarterly and annual US international tax provision calculations;
- Drive automation initiatives with an ability to quickly bridge technical requirements, conceptualize and define workflows and effectively communicate tax requirements to deliver high impact solutions;
- Collaborate with the Tax Planning team to research and analyze US international tax reporting implications on business transactions and tax planning projects.
- Support US outbound withholding tax function as needed, including advise cross functional business partners on Netflix’s US withholding obligations, review Form W-8 series and review US withholding related workpapers;
- Support international tax controversy teams on IRS audits, tax notices and inquiries.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view;
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including public accounting and/or industry experience;
- CPA or Masters in Taxation preferred;
- Solid understanding of US international tax and US withholding tax concepts;
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax (OIT) and OneSource Tax Provision (OTP) software;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with cross-functional business partners;
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills. Experience with automation tools such as Alteryx, RPA and GoogleApp Script is a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
See What's Next.