Localization Project Manager - Studio and Marketing
Localization at Netflix is centered around linguistic excellence, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology. We are responsible for the translation and cultural adaptation of everything Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming to studio tools that enable us to partner with crews worldwide. Our work is not just about translation, it is about providing our users with an experience that feels local.
Netflix is a global product and our Localization team needs to scale to support that. Aside from our member-facing products, we also localize for our partner teams. Working alongside teams such as Studio, Communications, Learning & Development, and Publicity, we unlock our partner-facing apps, microsites and documentation on a global level to increase our reach and inclusivity.
As a Localization Project Manager, you work with one or more Localization Program Managers for our different product components (business areas). You are responsible for all elements of the localization workflow of a feature/product from request creation to job completion. A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects and the right mix of organizational and communication skills.
- Manage localization projects and requirements across external vendors
- Work cross-functionally with Netflix stakeholders to identify critical business blockers and collaborate to solve and optimize these
- Oversee end to end localization workflow using our translation management tools and systems
- Identify and manage project risk through prioritization, bug management, and any other means necessary
- Manage independent projects within the program
- Drive high-quality output from localization vendors & freelancers
- Oversee the localization budget for your projects by gathering data on the cost, timeliness, and quality of your projects
- Contribute to project kickoffs & meetings with cross-functional groups for planning
- Manage & train different vendors, translators, and reviewers
- Evangelize Globalization to stakeholders
- Bachelor's, or Master’s degree, in Localization, Language Studies, or International Studies
- 5+ years of prior localization project management experience, working on projects that involve language launches, software, creative content and/or subtitle localization
- Experience working in media and entertainment on the product side
- Working knowledge of industry-standard localization tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an internet company
- Bias to action, proactive & innovative by nature
- Strong attention to detail
Your application has been successfully submitted.
See What's Next.