MCAD Administrator, Devices and Services
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience managing and administering NX and Teamcenter systems.
- Experience in NX and Teamcenter assembly management, file structure, feature-based modeling, and data exchange methods.
- Experience of NX PCB Exchange including incremental data exchange, board creation, components creation and management.
- 5 years of experience delivering Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and related solutions.
- Experience the design side using Teamcenter/NX applications.
- Experience with CAE tools like Abaqus, Ansys, Hypermesh, etc.
- Knowledge of CAE tools (e.g., Ansys, Abaqus, etc.) support.
- Experience in Teamcenter architecture for Teamcenter modules.
About the job
As a Mechanical Computer Aided Design (MCAD) Administrator, you will be responsible for end-user support and administration of MCAD and Product Data Management (PDM) systems (e.g., Siemens NX and Teamcenter PDM). As a domain expert, you will be responsible for managing Computer-aided design (CAD) tools that include developing CAD installer packages and also maintaining configurations for the CAD and PDM systems. You will ensure high quality end-user support by troubleshooting and resolving user issues in a timely manner and documenting.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Provide day-to-day end-user support and develop standards and best practices in usage of CAD and PDM applications. Manage CAD Application (NX) installs, configurations, templates, upgrades, troubleshooting, and enhancements.
- Support onboarding new engineers and vendors through standard checklists, training on required applications. Manage account setup and access control for PDM Libraries and Projects.
- Design and develop workflows for CAD data and document management processes to add efficiency, ensure process optimization, and data integrity.
- Evaluate CAD Application functionality, identify gaps in application and business processes, and work closely with CAD vendors and user groups for driving product enhancements.
- Support engineers on data Exchange and Import-Export of CAD data from a multitude of CAD applications and export formats. Support JT Viewer for a multi-CAD environment for Design and Technical Writing teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.