Customer Engineering Manager, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Houston, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in people management.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (i.e. working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 10 years of experience selling IT solutions within region and in progression towards a leadership roles.
- Knowledge of solution architecture within web/mobile, web/internet technologies, and architecture across SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and cloud productivity.
- Ability to present to all audiences, engage with C-level in business and technology transformation, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Ability to inspire/grow teams in sales environment, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of pre-sales engineers who engage with sales prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud services, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. You'll also maintain personal technical expertise and be prepared to engage directly with prospects as necessary.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering (CE) management to determine staffing levels to support business goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool, and lead interview team.
- Organize, coach, and equip the CE Team and assess the go-to-market readiness, identify gaps in preparedness, and build plans to ensure the team is properly trained and equipped to perform in support of annualized business goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for business opportunities. Participate in opportunity review meetings providing insight into how to best secure technical success.
- Work with the sales account team, customer support, product management, customer solutions, and engineering to resolve product problems affecting pre- and post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Travel up to 30% of the time, as necessary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.