Strategy and Operations Lead, Chrome Browser
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- 5 years of experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Business Operations, Product Management, and/or the technology industry.
- Experience with executive/leadership stakeholder management.
- Experience in program management and strategy development.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience with user-facing products at the intersection of trust, safety, and regulation.
- Experience working across Program Management, User Experience, and Engineering in all aspects of product development from strategy through execution.
- Ability to work well across business units, building relationships in order to discuss and deliver on objectives and key results.
- Excellent analytical skills to use data to identify trends and product opportunities.
- Outstanding business judgment, collaboration, partnership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
About the job
Google's leadership team hand-picks thorny business challenges, and members of BizOps work in small teams to find solutions. As part of this team you fully immerse yourself in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. Taking strategy one step further, you also persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior-level executives, roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation and check back-in to see the impact of your recommendations.
In this role, you will partner with Chrome's Trust and Safety leads to establish the operating cadence of the business, accelerate key product decisions by analyzing and solving problems, align cross-business areas/cross-functional efforts, communicate/influence up and across sectors, help defend and grow customers, and Chrome usage.
The Business Operations and Strategy team at Google plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company. Also known as "BizOps", the group operates like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. BizOps creates strategies for promoting growth of our products like YouTube, Chrome and Mobile. They handle issues around partner development, strategy work in emerging markets such as Africa and India, as well as pricing strategies across our B2B and consumer products. The BizOps team is at the forefront of Google's fast-moving strategic priorities, addressing operational challenges and enabling innovation.
- Work closely with leads from Chrome's Trust and Safety team, and Chrome's leadership to define and evolve Chrome as an overall Trust and Safety strategy.
- Provide strategic ideas across Chrome Engineering, Program Management, User Experience, and Operations, as well as cross-functional organizations (e.g., Global Affairs, Finance, and Marketing) to accelerate Chrome's decision-making and product of Trust and Safety efforts.
- Assess the regulatory landscape and create a proactive strategy for how Chrome should evolve balancing the needs of users, regulators, web publishers, and more.
- Partner across business areas (e.g., Core, Android, Web Platform, Payments, etc.) to ensure Chrome is meeting joint objectives and key results and company goals.
- Manage projects simultaneously, understand project dependencies/issues, and remove barriers through clear communication with appropriate stakeholders.
Your application has been successfully submitted.