Threat Intelligence Manager
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Master's degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Journalism, Anthropology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in trust and safety at a technology company.
- Experience in intelligence, security analysis, threat/risk management, or a related field (e.g., academia, research, intelligence teams) in the online content risk space.
- Experience using an analytical and data-driven approach to answer questions.
- Knowledge of internet technologies, related policy, and regulatory environments.
- Understanding of international and geopolitical events, how they impact online content abuse, and/or experience in research based role.
- Understanding of international and geopolitical events and how they may impact a global company.
- Ability to identify, break down, solve problems, and carry out responsibilities.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
The Trust and Safety Intel Synthesis team synthesizes intelligence about emerging threats, assesses, and forecasts the risk they pose to trust in Google and its users. You will identify and prioritize high priority intelligence and incidents on a weekly basis to coordinate and align with all major intel/risk, product, enforcement, Policy teams, and leaders.
As a Threat Intelligence Manager you will identify, analyze, and mobilize solutions to content challenges that Google is facing. You will take a unique cross-product perspective to detect patterns and connect the dots to holistically protect users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Evaluate, analyze, and conceptualize strategic content risks and threats to trust in Google and its users.
- Be able to contextualize geopolitical developments and social issues.
- Identify emerging trends and forecast new forms of abuse.
- Translate how global developments could cause potential adverse impact on Google’s users.
- Synthesize multidimensional information and data sources clearly and concisely for different audiences, including executives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.